Akwaaba! (Welcome!) I'm ecstatic to be able to share with every/anyone following me as I travel over seas to Ghana, West Africa. I'll be studying and taking classes at the University of Ghana near the capital, Accra, soon to become my new home for the next 4 months! So welcome and join me as I keep my blog updated as I go through this new journey, and adventurous experience! Akyire! (Later!)

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Packing, Flying, and finally Arriving

My room devoted just to packing!
Sorry for not blogging recently, it's been pretty busy since i have arrived in Ghana! So yes, i have arrived safely. (YEAH, right?!) Anyways, lets start from the beginning, packing. I can NOT express how much i dislike packing for trips! Especially when you procrastinate like I did and have to pack 4 months worth of clothes. Crazy, I know! So after all of the frustrations with figuring out what to pack, my luggage being over the weight limit, or organizing I was glad when Thursday morning finally came. Got up early to take a HOT shower, most likely to be my last one until i get back home! Packed last min stuff then went out to have coffee with me mumsie [: Called the bf, Josh, that we were leaving for the Appleton airport so he could meet us there, said our sad fair wells (which i hate by the way!) and boarded the plane.This was the first time that I have ever flown by myself. Therefore, I was a little nervous, especially about Atlanta's airport, hearing it was SO big. However, I sat next to a gentlemen on my first flight who has flown many many times through ATL's airport and kindly gave me very helpful advice. Needless to say, I made it to Ghana with no problems, and finally met some other students who will be studying at the Univ. of Ghana through ISEP as well, which was kind of a relief to know that I they were in the same boat as me: excited, confused, anxious, nervous and anything else you could think of. It wasn't until I actually stepped out of the Accra's airport and saw the new land, that I realized that I am actually here. I have made it to Ghana, and it's going to become my new home for the next few months. It was a crazy concept for me to wrap my head around. Furthermore, after our long day and night of flying we drove to the univ. met our student Ghanaian guides, coordinators, other ISEP students, and got our rooms. For some of us (me included) rooms are temporary because we will move in with a Ghanaian roommate once they arrive at the Hostel.
So far, so good. And like us students have heard many times thus far, akwaaba! More posts and pics to come!
Outside of Accra's airport, waiting in our bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment