Akwaaba! (Welcome!) I'm ecstatic to be able to share with every/anyone following me as I travel over seas to Ghana, West Africa. I'll be studying and taking classes at the University of Ghana near the capital, Accra, soon to become my new home for the next 4 months! So welcome and join me as I keep my blog updated as I go through this new journey, and adventurous experience! Akyire! (Later!)

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Busy As A Bee!!


I want to start out by apologizing for lacking in keeping my blog more up to date. I don't think that I have ever found this expression, busy as a bee, to be so true. So much has been going on since I have arrived here at Ghana! Between school, extra-curricular activities, traveling, and volunteering I feel like I am almost ALWAYS on the run, doing something here or there. Not to mention that the internet connection here is not always the most reliable, and I find myself to be lucky on the days when it is working quickly (they are hard to come by). I hardly even have enough time to clean and hand wash my clothes! Therefore, it typically gets done about every 2 weeks, sometimes longer. (Thank goodness for packing lots of clothes!).  [:
Washing clothes by hand, boy let me tell ya, it’s quite different from anything I’ve ever had to do before. I hadn’t a clue what I was doing the first time I attempted. Most international students bought plastic buckets to put their clothes in, wash, and rinse them. However, I did not and therefore borrow my dear roommate, Grace’s, bucket. When she's not using it of course. So, with a few trial and errors of using too much soap, not enough, hanging cloths right before it rains, and so forth I think I’m finally starting to figure it out! Though, however good I may become or enjoy hand washing my cloths, it's something that I will most likely Not continue when I return home. I’ve become very grateful for a handful things such as washing and drying machines.
Anyways, onward with what I was saying before, I’m sorry for the long delay in posting a new blog. But! No worries, I am about to catch you up on the many things that have kept me so occupied. Starting with my volunteering endeavor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment